Friday

Skin Miracle Part 1

I have always been a sucker for good packaging. I would buy expensive facial care sometimes for something as petty as the way the glass bottle looked on my vanity, or because a celebrity I admired was purported to use some magical beauty elixir. Sad, but true. I knew often I was being had, or merely buying a false promise, but there was always something extremely satisfying about starting a new skin care regime. Like a clean notebook on the first day of school, a whole line of new washes, toners, lotions, and unguents gave me a sense of hope; new beginnings.

Beautiful skin.

Often I was disappointed, but there was always another regimen around the corner to try. That is when I was flush with cash.

I don't need to remind anyone, at least my readers in the US that times are rough. No longer can I, like many, justify buying a jar of purported beauty magic. Having to be thrifty made me rediscover what I've already had on hand, from my closet to my cupboards and yes, my medicine cabinet.

A few months into losing my job, I found myself scooping up the last remnants of the cleanser and moisturizers I had on hand. See, I never kept any of the products I didn't like. I either trashed them or gave them to a friend. It was winter time. My skin, normally quite oily and acne prone, had become tight and itchy around the perimeter of my face, and my t-zone was still quite shining and dappled with blackheads. "What am I going to do?" I thought to myself. "I can either get enough food for the next two weeks or starve myself and my pets, and buy more skin care." Well I love to eat, and I love my pets, so I brainstormed about what was already in my possession that I could re purpose into skin care. I scanned my kitchen cabinets and there right in front of me was a tall bottle of green gold.

Olive Oil.

1 comment:

  1. One's experience on how the cleanser that is readily available at home made a wonder.

    Skin Care

    ReplyDelete